Bentley Park is a southern suburb of Cairns, 9 km from the city centre, and lies between the Sheleton and Blackfellows Creeks. Originally part of Edmonton (see separate entry for early history), Bentley Park was detached and named in 2001. It was named after an early farm homestead which can be seen from the grounds of the Bentley Park College.
An outer urban convent school, St Therese's, was opened in Edmonton in 1929, and was rebuilt on its present site in Bentley Park in 1995. The Bentley Park P-12 College was opened in stages during 1997-2004. There is a small shopping area, Centenary Market Place, near the college, but more varied shopping requires travel to Edmonton or the Stockland Centre at Earlville.
Bentley Park's census populations have been: