Caloundra Suburbs

Until World War II Caloundra had a few adjoining suburbs such as Kings Beach, Shelly Beach and Moffat Beach. The local estate agent, Farlow and Henzell, offered a few residential blocks in Dicky Beach, but it was not until 1946 that there were more extensive offerings. Roy Henzell began his subdivisions at Golden Beach, south of Caloundra township, and at Currimundi and Shelly Beach to the north (1948).

Further Reading: 

Gary McKay, Times of change: a history of Caloundra City, Caloundra, Caloundra City Council, 2007

Battery Hill, Bokarina, Buddina, Currimundi, Dicky Beach, Golden Beach, Kawana Waters, Kings Beach, Meridan Plains, Minyama, Moffat Beach, Parrearra, Pelican Waters, Shelly Beach, Warana and Wurtulla entries

Headwords: 
Copyright © Centre for the Government of Queensland, 2018. All rights reserved.
UQ Logo