Cedar Creek is a rural locality, 45 km south-east of central Brisbane and immediately north of Tamborine National Park. The creek has its headwaters on Tamborine Mountain and joins the Albert River about two km south of the Cedar Creek primary school.
The name came about from the rainforest originally covering the area, and timber getters were among the area's first inhabitants. Cleared land was used for dairying and orcharding.
A primary school was opened on the Beaudesert-Beenleigh Road in 1874, near where the Chardon Bridge crosses the Albert River. A public hall was erected next to the school in 1913.
Cedar Creek is divided along the Albert River between Logan City and Gold Coast City. With the take-up of rural acreages the school was enlarged in 1981 and 1995. Cedar Creek's census populations have been: