Chambers Flat is a rural/residential area 30 km south of central Brisbane and 12 km west of Beenleigh. It is bordered on its east and south by the Logan River and until 2008 was part of Beaudesert Shire.
Chambers Flat was named after John Chambers, a farmer who settled near the Logan River in 1848. It was a sparsely settled farming area, and children crossed the river to attend Stockleigh primary school (1873) until a local one opened in 1890 near the corner of Holloway and Chambers Flat Roads. Queensland Archives indicate that the school closed in 1964.
The post office directory (1902) recorded 11 farmers at Chambers Flat, three of them in dairying. Transport to Chambers Flat involved private means after disembarking at the Logan Village railway station five km away.
Chambers Flat has an historic cemetery, a golf course and a tourist park. In 2008 it, along with all the area north of urbanised Jimboomba, were transferred from Beaudesert Shire to Logan City. Its census populations have been: