Daisy Hill, a residential suburb, is 4 km east of Logan central and 22 km south-east of central Brisbane. The name is descriptive of the once rural locality, and was adopted as the suburb's name in 1971 when major subdivisions began.

Daisy Hill overlooked Slacks Creek to the south, and the local school was Slacks Creek primary (1873). There was mixed farming, and in the 1920s the Shailer family had a mango orchard. The suburb of Shailer Park is to the east.

The suburb's best known site is the Daisy Hill State Forest (gazetted 1917), one of three reserves totalling 1170 ha, including the Daisy Hill Koala Centre (1995). It is a popular weekend picnic area with numerous walking, mountain bike and pony tracks. In the 1990s the Park's koala habitat was threatened with the building of an arterial road.

Daisy Hill's southern boundary is the Pacific Highway, enclosing what was formerly part of Slacks Creek.

Daisy Hill has large Catholic primary and secondary schools, St Edward the Confessor (1978) and John Paul College (1982). The Slacks Creek primary has been in the modern suburb's area since 2002, along with the nearby heritage-listed St Marks Anglican Church (1883) and the Slacks Creek cemetery. A local shopping centre is also near the state primary school, and the Pacific Place shopping centre is in the western corner of Daisy Hill.

Daisy Hill's census populations have been:

 areaCensus DatePopulation
Daisy Hill192158
 1971189
 19761033
 19812647
 19863445
Daisy Hill
plus Priestdale
19914385
 20014204
Daisy Hill*20066204
 20116255

*including new area around Slacks Creek primary school

Further Reading: 

J. Anderson, Cultural heritage study: a report for the Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage, Daisy Hill State Forest Park, 1995