Eudlo is a rural village on the North Coast railway, 10 km south of Nambour. It is thought that the name derived from an Aboriginal expression describing eels. The Eudlo Creek has a fan-like pattern of tributaries before passing through the village in an eastwards direction to a large mouth upon its joining the Maroochy River at Maroochydore. Early in the 1900s the village was known as Eudlo Creek, and Eudlo Creek basin was a dairying area that continued when most others ended in the 1970s.
The railway through Eudlo opened in 1891 and Eudlo primary school opened six years later. Most inhabitants were classed as farmers, selectors and timbergetters. Farming concentrated on dairying and fruit growing, and by 1925 Eudlo supported a store and a blacksmith. Olsen's sawmill and a fruit-marketing agent supplied freight to the railway, and trains brought occasional visitors to a guesthouse. Eudlo Cash Store supplied their needs.
Eudlo has a commuter train service to Nambour and Brisbane, allowing residents to have a rural/residential lifestyle and urban incomes. The village facilities are close to the railway station and include a store and post office, the primary school, a public hall and the Olsen Mill Park. Eudlo's census populations have been: