Everton Hills, a residential suburb in Pine Rivers shire, is 10 km north-west of central Brisbane. It adjoins Everton Park (Brisbane municipality), and both suburbs were named after Everton Lodge in South Pine Road, Everton Park.

Everton Hills, along with Arana Hills and Ferny Hills constitute the Hills district of the former Pine Rivers shire. They share a boundary with the Bunyaville Forest Reserve to their north, and are crossed eastwards by the Cabbage Tree Creek. Kedron Brook is on Everton Hills' southern boundary.

In 1877 a timber reserve on the west side of Old Northern Road was subdivided and marketed as the town of Kedron, comprising the eastern part of Everton Hills as far as Buckland Road. Little came of it, and in 1891 the area was renamed Bunyaville. Everton Hills was named and detached from Bunyaville in 1979.

Everton Park (Brisbane) had been subdivided in the 1930s, and there was a housing subdivision in Arana Hills in the 1950s. Everton Hills' turn came in 1965 with the first of several housing estates south of South Pine Road. Ten years later an estate in the north, near Bunyaville substation, was put on the market. Local shops were built in Camelia Street and Chinoook Street in 1976 and 1982. A considerable number of acreage subdivisions remain in the west of Everton Hills.

Everton Hills's census populations have been:

Census DatePopulation
19712048
19763541
19814707
19965206
20065106
20115812
Headwords: 
Copyright © Centre for the Government of Queensland, 2018. All rights reserved.
UQ Logo