Glenview is a rural/residential locality 13 km west of Caloundra. It is situated in the Mooloolah River valley on an upstream part of the Meridan Plains pastoral run (c1865).

In 1878 a half-time primary school was opened for the Mooloolah-Meridan Plains district on the site now occupied by the Mooloolah Cemetery in Steve Irwin Way, just west of the Bruce Highway. The school was named 'Mooloolah Plains', a suitable abbreviation for the district but misleading in that there was no Mooloolah Plains. A change of name to Glenview was made in 1909 at the suggestion of the postal department.

Farming at Glenview has mainly been dairying and fruit growing. Latterly it has been replaced by rural/residential living, and by the early 2000s the school's enrolment neared 170. There is a golf course on Steve Irwin Way.

Glenview's census populations have been:

Census DatePopulation
192175
195470
2006614
20111182
Further Reading: 

Glenview State School 1878-1978, Brisbane, Leader Newspapers, nd