Moore Park Beach, a coastal town, is 18 km north-east of Bundaberg. Known as Moore Park until 1999, it was named after the proprietor of Tantitha pastoral station (1882) which was one of the two large properties which covered most of the local shire, Gooburrum. Moore donated land to the shire for public purposes.
During the 1920s Moore Park was a popular fishing and seaside location, and the firm beaches were used for motorcycle racing. A surf life-saving club started in 1955. By the 1960s a population of over 100 was recorded and in 1969 a bowling club was established. The following year a progress association was formed. Holiday populations outnumbered residents, calling for a reticulated water supply (1977) and a sporting complex. During the 1990s the population more than doubled, and a State primary school opened in 2004.
Moore Park Beach has a wide foreshore reserve, local shops, a motel and other accommodation, and bowling and tennis clubs. Its census populations have been:
Neville Rackemann, Gooburrum 1886-1986, Gooburrum, Gooburrum Shire Council, 1986