Mount Samson, a rural locality in the former Pine Rivers shire, is 17 km north-west of central Brisbane. The mountain (689 m) is in the D'Aguilar Range, about three km west of the school and hall. It was named by the explorer, Allan Cunningham, but the name was applied to a different mountain and was spelled Sampson. Mount Samson Creek runs north-east from the range, past the back of the school and into North Pine Dam (Lake Samsonvale).
Originally part of the Samsonvale pastoral run, the better parts of the Mount Samson district were taken for closer-settlement in the 1870s, and the higher land harvested for timber and later cleared for farming. A school was opened in 1880.
In 1920 a railway was opened through Mount Samson, from Ferny Grove to Dayboro. The 1924 post office directory recorded dairy farmers and fruit growers in equal numbers, Winn's sawmill near the railway station and a store.
Farming continued strongly into the 1980s, but in the next decade the rural/residential subdivisions around Samford Village spread to Mount Samson. From a school population of a little over 20, a postwar low-point, the enrolment numbered 135 in 2005.