New Beith is a rural/residential suburb immediately south of Greenbank and 30 km south of central Brisbane. It was named after the home town of the wife of an early European settler, Richard Wilson. The town of Beith is in Ayrshire, Scotland.

In the late 19th century New Beith was occupied for grazing and timber cutting. The Teviot Junction Hotel (1880) operated for 20 or more years, and is apparently remembered by Pub Lane. At the western end of Pub Lane there was a public hall which was acquired by the Baptist Church in the 1960s. There was also a local State primary school (1916-51).

New Beith's western boundary is on the Oxley Creek where there were good stands of eucalypts for local sawmills. The eastern boundary is the interstate railway line, and it is near here and the adjoining Greenbank area that rural/residential subdivisions have proliferated.

New Beith's census populations have been:

Census DatePopulation
193389
194751
20061938
20113446