Warner, a residential and rural/residential suburb in the Pine Rivers district, is 20 km north-west of central Brisbane.
It was named after the parish of Warner, surveyed in 1861 by the colonial surveyor, James Warner.
In common with its neighbour, Bray Park, Warner was part of the farm community in west Strathpine. Divided from Bray Park by Old North Road, Warner was the suburb to follow Bray Park's urbanisation during the 1970s-90s. Its first housing area was south-west of the intersection of Samsonvale and Old North Roads (mid-1990s) where there had been a drive-in theatre. Within ten years most of that area was subdivided.
In 2005 Warner Lakes, south-west of the intersection of Old North and Kremzow Roads was started, comprising the staged release of 1100 house sites and the promise of a shopping centre and a community centre. The earlier housing area has the Warner Village shopping centre (c2003).
Schools are outside Warner: Eatons Hill primary to the south, Bray Park primary and high schools to the east, and Genesis Christian College to the north. Warner's census population in 2006 was 4775.